Some People Believe Charity Organizations Should Only Offer Help To People Of Their Own Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe charity organization should only offer help to people of their own countries. Others claim that these organizations should give aid to people in great need wherever they live. Discuss both opinions and tell which side do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, charities should help only those people who live within their national boundaries; however, others opine that help should be provided everywhere. In my opinion, it depends on the mission of the organization and its resources. Both views will be discussed in this essay before arriving at a conclusion.
On the one hand, some people put forth the statement that it is reasonable for non-governmental organizations to only serve people of their own country because the resources originated from their own people. This also matches the expectations of the donors who are aware of the goals of the local organizations. Furthermore, some underdeveloped countries are so deprived that they have great difficulties to support the basic living and daily necessities of local people. In this case, charity funds should prioritize local citizens instead of people from other nations.
On the other hand, some people insist that helping behaviors are rooted in moral and humanistic standard and people should provide assistance without borders. Since these organizations are internationally based, they can reach thousands and millions of people globally and heighten people’s awareness of their missions and purposes. For instance, UNICEF is an international organization which aims to aid children worldwide. The organizations also obtain funding and resources from affluent countries such as America and Sweden and they have huge financial backup. It is understandable that when we have more power, we are obliged to help the poorer. After all, we all belong to the same family called humanity.
To conclude, driven by empathy and ethics, charity organizations aim to help and support people who are in need. However, who they should help depends on the purpose of the organizations and how much funding they receive.
- Some People Believe Charity Organizations Should Only Offer Help To People Of Their Own Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | The Best Way To Motivate Employees Is To Offer Them Financial Incentives
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Task 1 Report About Amount Of Money That US Charity Spent And Received
- Countries With Long Average Working Hours Are Economically More Successful Than Those Countries Which Do Not Work Long Hours | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is An Increasing Point Of Old People Living Longer In Many Countries
- Some People Argue That Arts Are A Waste Of Money | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample