Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people argue that the fittest and strongest individuals and teams always achieve the greatest success in sports. But other people think the success is more related to the mental attitude. Discuss both views and give your own opinions.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Sports, by nature, involve intense competition and people often debate the factor which determines the outcome of a sports match. Some hold the opinion that supreme physical strength only those who possess a healthy mental attitude can be successful. In my opinion, physical abilities and the right mindset are equally important.
On the one hand, superior strength gives athletes an edge over their peers when it comes to physical confrontation. It is unavoidable that, in certain forms of sports, players have to physically collide with their competitors, and hence those who demonstrate greater strength are more likely to win / succeed. For example, in a boxing match which is noted as a strength-based game a stronger boxer normally has faster punching speed and higher punching power, which enable them to easily knock down their rivals. Another obvious advantage of a strong body is endurance. This is also a determinant factor in competition, especially in race matches. In sprint, for instance, greater endurance enables athletes to maintain their maximum speed for a long time and avoid fatigue.
On the other hand, an optimistic mindset is also of great importance. To be specific, in a fierce competition, especially when a player is falling behind, his stress levels will peak at a rapid speed. Without an optimistic mentality, he may “go blank” and / as the immense stress overtakes his ability to perform normally. However, if he had faith in himself, he would manage to ease the tension and focus on his movements. Furthermore, eminent athletes always have a winning mindset and a strong sense of purpose. Compared to those who are apathetic towards a match, players with these character traits always stick to rigorous training and a healthy diet; therefore by no means could these sedulous persons lose the game.
In conclusion, fitness and spirit both play significant roles in being successful in sports. A strong body improves an athlete’s ability to confront physically, while without an optimistic mentality and and intense craving for success, no athlete can win.
- Some People Argue That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Achieve The Greatest Success In Sports | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals And Teams Always Succeed in Sports
- Some People Believe That The Fittest And Strongest Individuals Always Succeed In Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Do sportsmen make great role models?
- In Many Professional Sports, There Is An Increase In The Number Of Athletes Using Banned Substances | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Team Sports Help School Students To Learn More Than Usual Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Some People Feel That Sports Are Necessary To College Education Because They Teach Teamwork And Other Skills | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample