Some argue that it is responsibility of the parents to teach children about healthy eating habits, where as other believe that teachers should be responsible for teaching their students how to eat in a healthy way. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people believe that parents are responsible for developing good eating habits in children while others opine that it is the duty of teachers. In my opinion, this duty should be assumed by the parents.
Children these days are not careful about their eating habits as they are more prone to eating unhealthy foods such as burgers, chocolates and cakes. Such habits should be controlled by the parents before kids become addicted to junk food. Since the children spend most of their time at homes, I believe parents should be extra careful when it comes to their child’s eating habits. In other words they should create and follow a diet plan and strictly adhere to it so that the child receives optimum nutrition essential for his/her growth and development. For example, children can be given fresh fruits as their snacks at home rather than cookies and chocolates.
However, this does not mean that parents are the only people responsible for teaching good eating habits. It is essential that the teachers should also play a key role in teaching them about healthy lifestyle and make them understand so that they embrace / adopt the healthy habits in their day to day life. Teachers can give them an understanding of the importance of fruits and veggies and make them realize how healthy children can be by consuming them. For example, they can arrange a one day visit to the farms to teach children how the vital nutrients in fruits and vegetables keep them healthy.
In conclusion, both the parents and teachers should make an effort to ensure that children follow healthy eating habits. Even so, I believe that good eating habits start from home. If parents eat right, children will also adopt a healthy lifestyle and become fit.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about unhealthy eating habits in children
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Eating home-cooked food is better than eating out
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Healthcare Should Not Be Provided For Free | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | The government should ensure that people stay healthy