Some People Argue That Healthcare Should Not Be Provided For Free | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Health care should not be provided for free regardless of a person’s income. The health of a person is in their own hands and they should, therefore, be held accountable for that. Do you agree with this opinion?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people hold the opinion that health subsidies should not be given to citizens irrespective of their financial status, but I disagree with that. No doubt, everyone is responsible for keeping themselves fit but it is the government’s responsibility as well to ensure their citizens are entitled to have medical benefits.
Recent changes in lifestyle have had adverse effects on people’s health. Also jobs in metros are so demanding that people are unable to pay attention to their mental and physical fitness. Because of this reason, the government should ensure that its citizens have easy access to cheap and quality healthcare. By providing free health care, the government can also earn the trust and loyalty of its people.
Another factor that explains why we need health care subsidies is the proportion of people living below the poverty line. In many developing countries poverty index is quite high and people cannot even afford basic medication. They are largely dependent on government agencies for assistance when they develop a health problem. Lastly, it is clearly evident that our generation has considerably low immunity levels because of the low quality of the food we eat. These days, fruits, vegetables and grains are treated with pesticides which reduce their nutrient value. Also, food available outside is mostly of low quality. These factors also lead to an unhealthy society.
To conclude, it is imperative that we keep ourselves fit and healthy by eating quality foods and leading an active lifestyle. This, however, does not mean that the government has no responsibility towards building a healthy society. It should contribute its bit by providing subsidised or free health care.
- Some people think basic healthcare should be free for everyone | IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | The government should ensure that people stay healthy
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Public Health The Responsibility Of The Government?
- IELTS essay sample | Governments should take action to ensure that people lead healthy lives
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations