Some people are fond of buying new gadgets, phones, or laptops. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Discuss your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Owning latest electronic devices has become a trend. It is observed that some people like to purchase latest electronics devices, mobile phone or laptops. In my opinion, this is detrimental for the individual as it might impact their financial stability and personal life.
Firstly, any electronic device comes with a hefty price tag. The frequency with which companies launch mobile phones and laptops is frantic. Every single day a new phone or a gadget is launched in some part of the world. People who are fond of buying new products end up selling older products so that they can fund the new purchase. However, as the resale price of these goods is low, they recover only a fraction of the original cost and hence end up putting in more money for purchasing the device. Spending too much money on new gadgets can put individuals under tremendous financial distress.
Secondly, the compulsive urge to buy the latest version of gadgets is not good for the environment. When people update the devices frequently, a lot of old devices will end up in landfills. From there they will pollute the land and water. They could even emit harmful radiations.
Thirdly, most electronic gadgets have different operating procedures. Hence it becomes essential for the buyer to spend a significant amount of time to familiarize themselves with the new device. This wastes precious time that could be used for other useful purposes.
In conclusion, I believe the practice / habit of buying latest devices, mobile phones or laptops have a detrimental effect on the personal life and financial condition of an individual.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing To Consider While Buying A Product Or Service | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many people believe that mobile phones cause more harms than the benefits | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying A Product Or Service | IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- With The Rise In eBooks Comes The Decline In Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That Now We Can See Films On Our Phones And Tablets There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Children Have Access To The Internet And Mobile Phones At Very Young Ages | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing When Buying A Product Or Service | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television