Some organizations and companies say older people are better as leaders while some say young people are better as leader. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The managers and the chairmen of most of the institutions and organizations are older adults. It is generally argued that youngsters could manage these positions better than older people. However, I do not agree with this argument because of three different reasons.
Firstly, it is obvious that youths are less experienced and have least exposure to the world and the organization. With hardly any experience they will not be able to lead the organization to reach its vision and this could probably result in the closure of the company. For example, when young and inexperienced people start a company, they may taste some success initially. But as the business grows, their lack of experience may lead to problems and the company could shut down. Therefore, it is evident that older people can do better than younger ones.
Secondly, it is a matter of fact that the youngsters are energetic, talented and judgmental. They not only make quick decisions but also end up investing in some unrelated stuffs without thinking. This is not the case with elders. They think numerous times before they make any decisions. For instance, my grandfather takes at least one day to decide anything related to the family. This behavior not only aids him to make the best decisions but also teaches his kids about the importance of patience. Hence, it is proved that elders make better decisions and help in the success of the company.
Finally, it is widely accepted that youth today are easily attracted towards the outside worldly life. If this is their mindset, then it is not beneficial for the progress of the company. For example, a negative comment on Facebook or Instagram may enrage a young proprietor and their thoughtless response could lead to many problems for the company.
This kind of attitude not only ruins the person but also their business. Therefore, seniors who have sound knowledge on everything should be on top position to guide others and this will lead to the success of the organization. To conclude, it is clearly evident that if seniors were in top levels of an organization then the company would reach its vision.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Some People Believe That Young People Bring More Profits To A Company | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Band 9 essay sample about traditional values of older people
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Suggest That Youngsters Should Follow The Old People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Money Is The Only Measure Of The Success Of A Business | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Number Of Older People Is Increasing
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample