Some Old People Today Struggle With The Use Of Modern Technologies | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some old people today struggle with the use of modern technologies such as smartphones and computers. What is the cause of this? What are some possible solutions?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that most of the old people face difficulties in using latest technologies such as smartphones and computers. This is mainly because these are new devices that were not in use earlier and also because new features are getting added to them frequently. In my opinion, taking assistance of the younger generation and developing a keen interest in using these technologies are the main solutions to this problem.
The evolution of smartphones and laptops took place in the last decades of the 20th century. Hence, tablets and phones were not a part of life for older generation people. Also, the phones that existed earlier, used to have very limited features including a very small screen and an attached keypad to support the basic calling functionality. In contrast, the newer generation phones are the ones that support touch, and are launched with a plethora of features including smart assistant and high-end cameras. Consequently, it sometimes becomes a daunting task for the elderly people to adapt to the emerging technologies. What’s more, many of them have absolutely no interest in learning new technologies.
However, it is commonly said that there is no better teacher that your own self. Thus, it is a good idea for the older generation people to explore the new features and try to understand the functionality behind them. This can help them build confidence to operate modern gadgets. Additionally, there is no harm in seeking the help of the) younger people. For instance, the elderly people can always reach out to their grandchildren to help them understand the basics of smartphones and computers. Therefore, to learn new things, one must show a keen interest and get guidance whenever necessary.
To sum up, in today’s fast paced world, many old people find it difficult to use modern technologies. This is mainly because they are not familiar with these devices and they show reluctance to learn new things. Showing a keen interest in mastering these technologies on their own or with the help of youngsters is the only solution to this problem.
- IELTS essay sample | Were older technologies more beneficial than newer technologies?
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- More And More People Are Suffering From Health Problems Caused By Modern Lifestyle Which Cannot Be Cured With Modern Medicines | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientists And Technology Experts Seem To Be More Valued By Modern Society Than Musicians And Artists | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Has Been Claimed That Workers Over 50 Are Not Responsive To Rapidly Changing Ideas In The Modern Workplace | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That New Technologies Benefit The Life Of Workers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Has technology made us more efficient?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Band 9 Essay Sample about the Adverse Effects of Increasing Use of Computers and Smart Phones