Some Educators Believe That Every Child Must Be Taught How To Play A Musical Instrument | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some educators believe that every child should be taught how to play a musical instrument. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Many educators insist on teaching students a musical instrument along with academics to enhance their manual dexterity. I agree with this notion to a large extent as this way of learning improves their cognitive ability; however, mandatory learning of a musical instrument is not worthwhile.
There are multifarious benefits to learning a musical instrument in childhood. First, playing these instruments improve the hand-eye coordination of children. For this they need a lot of practice and time; consequently, this devotion teaches children to stay patient and focused. For instance, a study conducted by the Oxford University revealed that those students who are good in playing any musical instrument mostly perform better in manual skills. Besides these music instruments are a part of the country’s culture and thus learning them brings children closer to their culture and roots. Concomitantly, by learning these instruments children improve their social and communication skills. When children learn in groups they generally socialise with peers and thereby enhance their interactive skills.
However, if children are pressurised to hone this skill, they might feel overburdened and stressed. More importantly, many children are more interested in playing sports rather than learning music instruments. Instead, they must be allowed to follow their passion.
To conclude, I firmly reiterate that learning musical instruments at a young age can improve concentration and social skills. Therefore, music instruments need to be taught at a young age if children are interested in them.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Playing A Musical Instrument Is A Waste Of Time
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Some Say Music, Art And Drama Should Be Taught At Primary School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools
- Some People Think That Children Should Be Encouraged To Play Outdoor Games | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Music Should Not Be Taught In Schools | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Parents Buy Their Children A Large Number Of Toys To Play With | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Speaking Part II | Describe a toy you used to play with as a child
- You Recently Went To A Concert And Thought One Of The Singers Was Fantastic | Band
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school