Some countries spend a lot of money to make bicycle usage easier. Why is this? Is this the best solution to traffic congestion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IElTS essays, reports and letters corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, many countries are promoting bicycle usage by spending a huge amount of money on it. There are several reasons for this strategy. For example, bicycles are environment friendly and help in maintaining good health. It is also considered as a useful solution for the traffic congestion.
There are many reasons why some governments choose to promote bicycle usage. One of the main advantages is that the bicycle is eco-friendly. In other words, no fuel is needed to run the bicycle as it is operated manually or electrically. Hence, it drastically reduces air pollution caused by automobiles.
Furthermore, the maintenance cost is almost negligible. Therefore, government spending on bicycle usage is a nice strategy to combat pollution caused by automobiles. Promoting the bicycle usage is one of the best solutions to the traffic congestion. For example, in the cities like Montreal, there are bicycle stands where bicycles can be parked and rented for use for a minimal price. Also, every road has separate lanes for the bicycle riding that occupy comparatively very less space than other vehicles. To illustrate, four bicycles can pass simultaneously in the amount of space used by a car. So, it aids in dealing with traffic-congested roads and is time saving. Moreover, the number of causalities due to traffic congestion comes down to minimal.
In conclusion, more countries should take initiatives to adopt this method as it helps in solving traffic problems and benefits the environment.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Some People Think That City Governments Should Spend More Money To Promote Bicycle Use | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people say that cars are best to use in cities while others think that bicycles are better | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Cars Are Better Than Bicycles In Cities | IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Or Cultural Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- More And More People In Developing Countries Are Purchasing Cars For The First Time | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Cycling has many benefits, yet in some countries there is a decrease in the number of people using bicycles as their main form of transportation
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Growing Traffic And Pollution Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Why is cycling becoming less popular?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport