Some countries encourage teenagers to have part time job and see it as a good thing while others disagree. Give your opinion and discuss both the views.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Several nations around the world support the idea of part time jobs for the teenagers as it is considered a wise and excellent way of personality development; however, others do not agree with the idea. In my opinion, youngsters should take up a part time job because it helps them to learn different aspects of life at a young age and also enhance their perspective.
On the one hand, some countries around the world consider part time job as an important way of learning whereby a teenager sees life in more complex ways and gains a sense of responsibility. Part time jobs help a teenager to feel independent and motivated to face future challenges by giving them firsthand experience in handling complex problems and situations at work. Moreover, it helps them understand the value of money. When teenagers get to manage their personal finances, they will also learn the importance of saving.
On the other hand, some countries do not consider part time jobs good for the teenagers because they consider it as an unnecessary burden on them and these jobs divert the teenager’s focus from academics to work. For instance, it has been observed over the years that countries which do not promote part time jobs have much less school or college dropout ratio among teenage students than the nations which support the idea.
To conclude, there are many valid arguments in favour of both ideas but it is my strong conviction that part time job is necessary for the overall development of a teenager’s personality and nations should promote the concept of part time jobs in order to have more efficient and able workforce.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English Grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- In Some Areas Of The US, Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Door After A Particular Time Of Night | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Accepted That Exercise Is Good For Children And Teenagers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- IELTS Essay: Rise in crime-rate among teenagers
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Crime rate among teenagers is on the rise: Essays written by students with suggested corrections
- In Some Countries, Men And Women Are Having Babies Late In Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Areas Of The US Teenagers Are Not Allowed To Be Out Of Doors After a Particular Time At Night | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample