Some Countries Are Struggling With Increase In The Rate Of Crime | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some countries are struggling with increase in the rate of crime. Many people think that having more police on the street is the only way to reduce crime. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The role played by the law enforcement is unparalleled and indispensable in maintaining peace and social stability of a country. Consequently, many believe that deploying more police force in streets can reduce crime rates, in the wake of proliferating crimes which are getting uncontrollable for many countries these days. I support this view to a great extent since the fear of police can dissuade people from criminal activities.
To embark on, there are a myriad of reasons why increasing police force can contribute to lowering crime rates. First of all, the majority of unlawful activities are meticulously planned; moreover, these are executed in locations or areas where the reach of law enforcement is weaker. Needless to say, the scarcity of police force is the is the trigger for many criminal activities, as there is less supervision or surveillance to detect and prevent crimes. Therefore, deploying more law enforcement officers in crime-infested areas can cause the crime rates to plummet. Rio De Janeiro, for instance, was infested with criminals and transgressions 10 years ago. However, as part of the government’s initiative to reduce crimes, more police force was deployed there and this miraculously culminated in bringing peace to the city.
On the other hand, increasing police patrolling to circumscribe criminals can be counter intuitive in some cases. The reduction of crime rates is also dependent on the integrity of police force there. In many countries criminal activities are often backed by the local law enforcement officers. Therefore, in such scenarios increasing the number of police officers will not have any significant impact on curtailing crimes.
In conclusion, as police force is indispensable for maintaining law and order, increasing police patrolling/presence can have a remarkable impact on reducing crimes. However, for this measure to be effective, it is also important to safeguard the credibility and integrity of police by eliminating corruption among the force itself.
- IELTS essay: Why is the crime rate increasing?
- The Crime Rate Is Decreasing Due To Advanced Technology | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: There is an increase in violence in society because police officers carry guns. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- IELTS essay about growing crime rate
- There Has Been An Increase In The Number Of Children Committing Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries The Amount Of Crime Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That High End Technology Can Prevent And Cut Down Crime Rate | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Eliminating poverty is the best way to reduce crime rates
- In Some Countries, The Amount of Crime Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample