Some construction work is being done on the street where you live for the last couple of days. Noise from the work is loud and it disturbs you. Write a letter to your local council complaining about the noise. In your letter:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain how the noise is causing problems to you
- Suggest solution to the problem
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me.
Subscribe our Youtube channel for IELTS writing tips.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear sir or madam,
I am writing this letter to draw your attention to the noise pollution caused by the ongoing construction on our street. We have been facing this problem for the last one week. My name is Abdullah and I reside on in the same street and my house is in close proximity to the work site.
I am a class 12 student and my board exams are to be held next month. Since it is vacation, I spend most of my time at home studying. I find it very difficult to concentrate on my subjects with the loud pounding noises next to my window. As they continue the work late into the night, my sleep also gets disturbed and I end up waking up late every day. This noise has taken a toll on my body resulting in severe headaches. I am afraid that this problem might affect my exam preparation.
I would appreciate it if you could stop the work by evening. It would also be really helpful if the number of labourers were increased so that the work could be completed faster.
I hope you can understand my situation.
Looking forward to a fast resolution
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | A letter to a neighbour
- You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have A Problem With The Neighbour | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS speaking test in Myanmar – Questions and answers
- Band 9 letter sample | A complaint letter to a neighbour
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Have A Problem With Your Neighbour