Some Construction Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
Some construction work is being done on the street where you live for the last couple of days. Noise from the work is loud and it disturbs you. Write a letter to your local council complaining about the noise. In your letter:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain how the noise is causing problems to you
- Suggest solution to the problem
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is XYZ and I am a resident of the ABC Apartments. My apartment is close to the main street where currently construction work is taking place. I am writing to you as the noise coming out of this construction work is causing some disturbance to my work.
As you understand the COVID-19 pandemic has forced many people like me to work from home. It is very difficult for me to focus on my work and attend office meetings due to the constant noise. The drilling job, in particular, is extremely noisy. The work goes on for almost the entire day and it makes it unpleasant to even step out of my apartment.
I have a couple of suggestions that may help alleviate this issue. Firstly, it would be great if you could reschedule this work for weekends so that it will not disturb our office work on weekdays. Also, if you could replace some of the old pieces of equipment which are causing major trouble, that will help reduce the noise level during the daytime.
Thank you for your understanding / for your cooperation.
- Some Construction Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Work Is Being Done On The Street Where You Live | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- You Would Like To Work In The Head Office Of Your Company In Another Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample