Some Believe That Education Success Is Based On Good Teachers And Others Believe That It Depends Upon Student’s Attitude | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Some believe that education success is based on good teachers and others believe that it depends upon student’s attitude. Discuss both views and give your opinion with relevant example.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Academic performance of a student depends on several factors. According to some people, the guidance provided by the teacher will determine whether the student succeeds or not. Others opine that the attitude of the student is more important. In my opinion, a teacher certainly plays an important role in ensuring the academic success of the student; however, even if the teacher provides the best mentorship, the student will not succeed if they lack the right attitude.
Teachers are undoubtedly nation builders. They impart knowledge to students. They shape their character and inspire them to work hard. A good teacher can make even complicated concepts easier for the student to grasp. Engaging teachers can also make boring subjects more interesting for the student and prevent their attention from wavering. Needless to say, teachers play a crucial role in the educational success of the student.
On the other hand, the attitude of the student is the ultimate factor in determining whether they will achieve academic success or not. For example, in a class of 40 students not everyone gets the same grade although they have the same teachers. Obviously, the competence of the teacher is not the deciding factor. Rather it is the student’s attitude towards learning. Some students have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. They put in extra effort to learn. By contrast, there are some students who never take their studies seriously. Their focus is elsewhere and they can never achieve success even if their teachers motivate them in the best possible way.
To recapitulate, the mentorship provided by the teacher is certainly important. However, no student can achieve success just because they have a good teacher. The teacher can only show the path and it is for the student to decide whether they want to take that path or not.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Believe That Educational Success Depends On Good Teacher | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Improve The Education System, Young Students Should Be Openly Allowed To Criticize Their Teachers | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now That Computers Are Used In Education, Some People Think Teachers Do Not Play Any Role In Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Teachers Have No Place In Modern Education
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Rich Nations Should Change Their Attitude Towards Poor Nations To Eradicate Poverty
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample