Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world. Why is this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy?
Here is a band 7.5 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
These days, the consumption of renewable energy such as solar is growing in many countries. Solar energy gained more popularity all around the world over the past two decades because of its unlimited benefits. This essay will discuss the pros and cons of solar energy and also the need to promote it.
It is a fact that scientists particularly those in developed countries are attempting to replace non renewable sources with renewable sources of energy. Solar energy is the most prominent among them. It is a proven fact that solar energy is a highly efficient source of energy that can be used to run a variety of household appliances without causing any harm to the environment. Compared to conventional resources like gasoline or coal which goes extinct with time, solar energy is never depleted. Hence its popularity is growing.
There are multiple reasons to promote solar energy. To begin with, its consumption requires only one time investment. For instance, to have a solar inverter, solar panels need to be installed at home. Since these panels do not require any maintenance, their upfront cost is easily justified. Secondly, solar power is unlimited. To cite an example, as per a recent survey, it was proved that only a fraction of solar energy is being utilized by mankind for his benefits. If we utilize it to its full extent, scarcity of resources will be a thing of past.
On the down side, solar has a few disadvantages as well. Firstly, solar energy will not be available in some western countries which are away from the equator where winter prevails throughout the year. They cannot benefit from this inexhaustible source of energy. For example, solar cannot be a source of energy in countries like Canada, Norway or Sweden. Secondly, its installation costs people a small fortune which everyone cannot afford, particularly, people in underdeveloped or developing countries like India.
To conclude, considering all points it is not hard to see that solar energy is the most efficient form of energy that can be used for household purposes. However, it does have a few downsides, but in my opinion, the popularity of solar energy will only increase in the coming years.
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample