Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world. Why is this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, the use of solar energy has increased at an impressive rate. For many people, it is better to use solar energy than any other form of energy source. However, there are both pros and cons to deciding to do so. In this essay, I will discuss some of the reasons for the widespread use of solar energy and some of the challenges to be overcome.
The obvious reason for the large scale utilization of solar energy is its advantages such as eco friendly properties, cost efficiency and ease of production. Solar energy does not cause environmental pollution unlike fossil fuel energy, which is the main source of emission of dangerous gases such as Co2 causing global warming and climatic changes. In addition, no extra payment is required once the solar system is installed. So it is cheap to produce and utilize. For instance, the fossil fuel production and distribution requires highly expensive machines and massive manpower.
Turning to the other side, due to the modernization of all house hold equipments and introduction of new kitchen appliances, the consumption of energy has increased compared to olden times. Since the solar energy depends on the availability of sunlight, the production rate is not sufficient enough to meet the entire needs of a house. The availability of sunlight is not uniform throughout the year in all parts of the world. For example, in Canada the availability of sunlight is less. Generally speaking, solar is not a viable energy source in cold countries that receive sunlight for only a few hours a day.
All things considered, in comparison with other sources of energy, solar energy is clean, cheap and easy to produce provided that sufficient amount of sunlight is available. Personally I believe benefits of solar power eventually outweigh the negatives.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Energy Use In A Typical Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report
- IELTS essay sample about climate change