Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world. Why is this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Solar energy has become an increasingly popular energy source in many different places around the world. There are several good reasons for using solar energy as a primary energy source, but as it is with any source of energy it has its pros and cons.
Firstly, solar energy is gaining popularity because in many countries it can be a viable energy source that has the potential to reduce the strain on the environment by minimising the use of fuels / energy sources that release a higher amount of greenhouse gases. Secondly, it is in trend with today’s society where we have an increased focus on local production. In sun-rich areas solar panels could potentially be placed directly on buildings, making it possible to make houses and buildings self-sustainable by producing their own energy.
Despite the clear advantages of reducing environmental strain and satisfying the need for the local production of energy, there are some disadvantages to using solar energy. A normal household’s energy requirement is ever increasing, and as of now solar energy does not seem to be efficient enough to cover it. It is particularly hard during the winter season when the sun is visible for only a few hours. Another argument against the use of solar energy is that covering rooftops with solar panels ruins their aesthetic appeal. Solar energy has yet another downside. It is not exactly cheap. The initial cost of installation can be pretty high and this makes it unaffordable to many families.
In summary, solar energy has the potential to be a sustainable energy source in certain parts of the world, but the technology needs to be developed further for it to be efficient enough to cover the energy requirement of a modern household, and to be a viable solution in areas with less sun. There are clear advantages in terms of reducing release of green house gases, and hopefully it will be possible to sustain modern households on clean energy sources such as solar energy in the future.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar energy is becoming more popular | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Energy Consumption In Average Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample