Social media is becoming increasingly popular among all age groups
Social media is becoming increasingly popular among all age groups. However, sharing personal information on social media websites does have risks. Do you think that the advantages of social media outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that many people rely more on the Internet for the latest news or trends. Although its utilization has disadvantages such as the threat to privacy, I believe they are outweighed by its advantages and I will support this argument with valid examples.
To begin with, some opine that posting private information on the Internet websites may bring security problems. This is because once the individual shares their current location online, their enemies / opponents can plan strategies to hurt/harm them. To illustrate, in recent times the number of attacks on women have increased because their movements can be easily monitored through social media. If an individual is not posting any secure information online, such attacks can be lowered. Thus, many people oppose the extensive use of social networks to protect their privacy and security.
On the other hand, I agree with the argument that many people nowadays are utilizing social media as a common platform to connect with each other. The reason for this is that with the help of renowned websites like Facebook, Twitter and Linked-in, people can connect to friends and family living in different parts of the world and also make new connections. For example, multiple job requirements are posted online; people who are subscribed to such information can utilize this information. There are also many newspapers that post the same information but print media takes more time than online media to reach the public. Hence, new generation is making an advantage of fast and reliable media.
To conclude, there are both advantages and disadvantages associated with Internet usage. In my view the benefits such as faster connectivity and access to information outweigh the demerits.
- Band 9 essay sample: Social media addiction
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Band 7 essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?