Small businesses should avoid recruiting young women who do not have their own family in order to avoid paying maternity leave later on. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, small businesses should not hire young women who are yet to have babies so as to prevent them from claiming maternity leave in future. I firmly disagree. This is unfair to young women who want to be independent and is against the concept of equal opportunity for all.
A good reason to disagree with the idea of not recruiting young women is that it is against the fundamental principle of equality. People regardless of their gender and family background ought to have equal employment opportunities. Gender biases in the recruiting process will push the society backward. One of the reasons that prevent women from starting a family is financial liabilities. They need a job to be able to stand on their own feet and provide for their kids. By choosing not to hire childless young women, employers are denying them the opportunity to earn and become independent.
Not hiring young women will be a great loss to the company. Many independent, talented young women, particularly in big cities, prefer to live alone and focus on their careers. However, at some point in their lives they want to start a family and later continue following their passion for work. Refusing to hire these talented, focused women would be a huge loss for the business.
In conclusion, I disagree with the idea of not employing young women just because they do not have their own family and might need maternity benefits later on.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate. Want to improve your English Grammar? Buy my book with proven tips to improve your grammar and writing.
- Over The Last Few Decades Media Has Promoted The Image Of Young Thin Women As Being Ideal | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Home When They Become Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The structure of families and roles of family members are changing
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people believe that in present times, women do get as much equality at work as men
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Is Far More Attention On Men’s Sports Than Women’s Sport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries, Men And Women Are Having Babies Late In Life | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- What are the advantages for a family when the mother works? | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should women join armed forces?