Below is a map of the city of Brandfield. City planners have decided to build a new shopping mall for the area, and two sites, S1 and S2 have been proposed. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
Here are two model answers for this topic. Need help with Academic IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 8 Academic IELTS report 1
The given map shows two sites proposed for building a shopping mall in the city of Brandfield. From the map it can be seen that the city has a river flowing through its middle. It also has a network of roads and a railway track passing through it. Site 1 (s1) is to the north of the railway track. It is close to the housing estate and city centre. It is also easily accessible by road, river and rail. The easy connectivity and close proximity to city centre and housing areas probably makes this a good site for the mall.
S2 is in the south-east of the city. Unlike S1, it is a long way away from the housing estate and that probably makes this place a poor site for building a shopping mall. However, it is quite close to the industrial estate and the city centre. It is also well connected by road and rail.
Sample IELTS report 2
The map illustrates two possible sites, S1 and S2, for the construction of a new shopping mall in the city of Brandfield. S1 is planned to be set up in the north while S2 is in the south-east part. The first proposed site S1 is close to both the housing estate and city centre. Railway facilities allow the residents and visitors to have easy access to the shopping complex. Also, there is a river that passes near S1.
The second site, which is supposed to be located in south east, is quite far from the housing estate but relatively near to the industrial estate. Despite being far, residents of Brandfield can still travel to the mall by train. In addition, the city provides road access to those who prefer to travel by bus or car and the road provides connectivity to both sites. Overall, both sites are good but S1 seems slightly better because of its strategic location.
- Band 8.5 IELTS Report | Compare The Current State Of A Town With Its Proposed Development Plan
- IELTS report sample | Map of a town
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- International Tourist Arrivals In Five Regions | Band 8 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Amount Of Goods Transported In the UK | Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Task 1 Report
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report On Changes In An Island
- Worldwide Land Degradation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample