Since Most Information About History And Culture Is Found On The Internet, Museums Are Not Needed Anymore | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Since most information about history and culture is found on the internet, museums are not needed anymore. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, the internet is used by many people to find detailed information about history and culture. It is claimed by some that museums are no longer required as all the information is available on the internet. I personally disagree with this. The following paragraphs essay will discuss why museums are essential.
To begin with, no one can deny the fact that people cannot physically see historical artifacts on the internet. It only provides photos which most of the time are not enough to understand the actual size and beauty of the artifacts or sculptures. For example, in order to gauge the actual size of the biggest sword made in the 19th century, you have to see it in person. Photos on the screen can never give an accurate idea of the size. Secondly, every bit of information available on internet may not be true as some websites put up wrong information for their benefit. Conversely, museums contain information curated by the government and history experts. This will help people get actual understanding of historical events.
In addition, museums buttress economical development in the city. To explain it in detail, the fees collected from visitors of museums would increase the revenue of the government. It is not only a source of income for the government, but also provides entertainment to some people. Historical museum buildings attract a plethora of visitors. For instance, science and industry museum in Chicago attracted 1 million visitors last year. This increased the popularity of Chicago around the world.
From what have been discussed above, I strongly disagree with the idea that museums are not required. In my opinion, the internet will never be able to physically show things. Museums provide true representation of history, culture and religion which would not be possible with internet.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Internet Provides Us With Information About Life And Culture Of Different Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Museums And Historical Sites Are Mainly Visited By Tourists | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people
- Local People Do Not Visit Museums And Historical Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Museums Charge An Entry Fee | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Museums Charge An Entry Fee
- IELTS essay: Should museums charge an entry fee?
- Historical Sites and Museums Are Mainly Visited By Tourists | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local People Do Not Visit Museums And Historical Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Museums Charge For Admission While Others Are Free | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample