Should Private Schools Receive Government Funding | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Should private schools receive government funding? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
With the increase in the cost of living, parents are forced to send their children to public schools, instead of reputed private schools. Private schools boast of luxurious facilities that government schools usually lack due to limited funding. This essay will discuss why the government should not fund private schools and should instead focus on making government schools better.
It is a sad reality that public schools are entirely dependent on Government funding and thus lack adequate facilities pivotal for the overall development of the students. If the Government starts supporting private schools as well, the funds allocated to public schools will decline and that will further degrade their standards. For instance, the Government funding to public schools increased by 12% in 2019 and that helped in implementing better medical facilities in these schools. Indeed, private schools already receive lots of funding from private organisations and hence, Government funding should only be utilised to help the rich students studying in these schools.
Parents who admit their children in private schools belong to the higher income brackets and wish to provide the best facilities to their children. Private schools receive monetary aid not only from private companies, but also from the rich parents of these kids. For example, according to a survey by the National Education Department, 65% of the donations to private schools were from the students’ parents and only 35% from private companies and the school trust. Truly, there is no scope for the Government to waste the tax payer’s money in helping these private schools; rather they should focus on making public schools better.
In a nut-shell, this essay discussed the reasons the Government should not fund private schools. The need of the hour is to invest more on making public schools better for the disadvantaged students.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- Artists Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Many Artists Earn Low Salaries And Therefore Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Exploration Of Space Justifies A Large Amount Of Government And Private Investment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- Who Should Conduct Medical Surveys – Governments, Private Companies Or Individuals? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample