Shopping Is The Favourite Pastime For Most Of The Young People | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Shopping is the favourite pastime
for most of the young people.
Why do you think is that? Do you think they should be encouraged to do some other useful activities?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
How to write an essay on this topic? Watch this video lesson here.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
These days the majority of young people are spending their leisure time in shopping. Growing consumerism and ease of shopping are the main reasons for this. However, in my opinion, this is a negative development that cannot be encouraged.
Exposure to social media and new age advertising are the main reasons that encourage people to go on a shopping spree whenever they have time. Search engines and social websites track people’s online behaviour and show them targeted advertising. As a result, people are lured into buying even those things they do not need. The influence of celebrities is another reason that encourages people to pick up this habit. Thanks to the advancement and easily accessible technology, anyone can be a celebrity online and can endorse anything.
Unfortunately, shopping addiction cannot be encouraged. I firmly believe that they should pursue a fruitful activity like exercising rather than going on a shopping spree whenever they get some free time. Youngsters are full of energy and have so much potential. They should rather focus on their career or devote some time to the society or maybe even volunteer for a noble cause. By engaging in such activities they can improve their career prospects and make the world a better place to in. Shopping addiction, on the other hand, not only costs them their time but it may also leave a hole in their wallets.
In conclusion, excessive exposure to advertising is the main reason that prompts young people to do too much shopping. However, this trend cannot be encouraged because it leads to wasteful expenditure.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Shopping Is The Favourite Pastime For Most Of The Young People | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Many People Believe That The Age Of Shopping Malls Is Coming To An End | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Many people go shopping in their free time
- IELTS Essay: Shopping for fun
- Shopping Is Now One Of Most Popular Forms Of Leisure Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Regard Shopping As A Hobby | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Shopping Is Now One Of The Most Popular Forms Of Leisure Activity For Young Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample