Shopping Has Become More And More Popular As A Leisure Activity | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Shopping is becoming more and more popular as a leisure activity. However, some people feel that this has both positive and negative effects. Why is shopping so popular? What effects does its increase in popularity have on individuals and on society?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to growing consumerism, there is a massive rise in the number of people who shop for fun and pleasure. This trend is galloping because of the intensive marketing techniques employed by companies and online shopping platforms such as ecommerce websites and applications. In my opinion, this is largely a positive development.
To embark on, there are some reasons why shopping activities have increased dramatically in recent times. First and foremost, business houses are using data science techniques to analyze the human psychology and their likes and dislikes. For example, Levis outlets request their customers to complete a questionnaire about their experience and suggestions. Such strategies make the customers feel that the company values their opinion and feedback. Additionally, companies hire celebrities to endorse their products. Shopping has also become easier these days thanks to the internet. People can now shop online using their computer or smart phone. There are umpteen web applications available which offer free home delivery and easy exchange and easy return facility. All of these factors encourage people to buy more and more.
This sharp increase in shopping trend has benefitted both the individual and the society in many ways. First, shopping can be a therapeutic experience. It is a great stress buster for many busy people. Secondly, the increased shopping activity will boost the economy and companies will produce better products at low prices to meet the needs of consumers. This will definitely create employment opportunities.
To conclude, shopping activity has increased because companies are using modern technologies and platforms to sell their products. This trend has affected the society and individuals positively in terms of self-satisfaction and better product selection for individuals and economical development for the society. This trend has a positive impact on both the individuals and the society. It benefits the society by increasing economic activity and benefits the customers by making their lives more comfortable.
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- IELTS Essay: Shopping for fun
- IELTS essay sample | Many people go shopping in their free time
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Human Activity Has Had A Negative Effect On Plants And Animals
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample About People Are Buying Unwanted Things