Scientists predict that all people will choose to talk the same global language in the future | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Scientists predict that all people will choose to talk the same global language in the future. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 9 essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some scientists everyone will be speaking the same language in the future. If this prediction does come true, in my opinion, it will have both positive and negative ramifications.
No doubt, a universal language will benefit both people and businesses in numerous ways. It will make communication easier. As a result businesses can market their products all over the world. People can also travel to any part of the world without having to worry about getting lost because of the language barrier. This, in turn, will benefit industries such as travel and hospitality. Needless to say, a universal language will benefit almost all economies around the world. It may even foster respect and understanding among people of different ethnicities.
On the flip side, the prospect of having just one language for all does not bode well for the preservation of cultural identities. Culture is intrinsically linked to language. So if people adopt a global language and stop using their mother tongue it will not take long for their culture to die. The death of local languages will also make the folklore and literature in that language unavailable to future generations. In my opinion, this will be a huge loss to humanity. Another possible consequence will be the loss of employment for people working as translators and interpreters. In a world where everyone speaks the same language, they will be rendered jobless.
In conclusion, a universal language can be beneficial for businesses and people because it facilitates hassle free communication. However, it may lead to the demise of cultures and diversity.
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- IELTS speaking practice | Talk about your future plans
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Politicians More Influential Than Scientists
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample