Scientists have been warning for many years about the importance of protecting the environment and that we must limit the use of energy in our daily lives. Despite warnings, many people do not do this. What are the reasons for that and how people can be encouraged to take an interest in protecting the environment?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The course of human civilization has had a devastating effect on the environment. Now we are facing problems such as – melting of glaciers, depletion of the ozone layer and Climate change to name a few. Environmentalists have been warning the governments and the general public over many years now but with no effect. People still have no regard for the indiscriminate use of coal derived fuels and wastage of water. This could be due to the lack of economical alternatives in the market or a feeling of apathy due to the extremeness of present lifestyle. We must encourage people to take part in the preservation of the environment by introducing safe, effective and economical alternatives and by government regulation.
Many citizens are aware of the environmental concerns from the exhaust from industries and vehicles. The dependence of today’s’ life on coal based fuels is extreme and has been developed over the past centuries. It will be time consuming and expensive to make a system change. Though many environmentally safe alternatives exist they are out of the reach of the common man. For example, battery operated cars are expensive and the networks of charging stations are still developing whereas, petrol and diesel filling stations with facilities are easily available.
People can be encouraged to conserve energy by making the alternatives more accessible to all sections of society. Governments must support by companies developing environmental safe products and technology by offering incentives. Education is also an important factor, as the consumers today are busy and stressed and do not have the time to spend seeking out new products and methods of saving energy.
In conclusion, we must become a more environmentally sound society so that our children will be able to inherit an inhabitable earth. This is our responsibility as parents and caregivers. It is unfortunate that we have neglected this for convenience and greed. Therefore all action must be taken to correct this environmental degradation.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Your Local Newspaper Published An Advertisement Asking People To Help With Protecting The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Preserving Natural Environment Is Crucial But Most Make No Effort To Do So | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- To Solve The Ever-Increasing Environmental Hazards The Best Way Is To Increase The Price Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample