Scientists Have Been Warning For Many Years About Environmental Protection And How Important It Is To Limit Our Energy Consumption | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Scientists have been warning for many years about environmental protection and how important it is to limit our energy consumption. What are the causes of over-consumption of electricity? How can people be encouraged to use less electricity?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays and letters corrected by me. Find essay organization ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is indeed true that researchers have been issuing warnings about the importance of reducing our energy consumption and protecting the environment. While there are some reasons for the excessive consumption of electricity, I believe that people can be motivated to use less electricity by spreading awareness.
One of the main reasons for the over-consumption of electricity is the advancement of technology. Most of the electrical appliances such as AC, washing machine and microwave are available at low-cost, so everyone can easily afford them. Also, these products make our life more convenient and comfortable; therefore, people have become more dependent on these and overuse electricity. Another reason for over usage of electricity is that every member of the family needs their own space. That is why everyone needs their room; thus, the number of electrical appliances in a house increases many folds with this trend. For instance, if there are five members in a family, they all will need a sperate AC, fan and TV. As a result, the usage of electricity increases with the increment in the number of electrical products.
People can be encouraged to buy products depending on the power consumption star rating mentioned on them. If a product has more star rating, it will consume less electricity. For instance, an AC with three star rating consumes two units in an hour whereas a five star AC consumes only one. In this way, people can decrease the over utilisation of electricity. Apart from that government can make people aware of the importance of conserving electricity by advertising and conducting campaigns about the depletion of natural resources used to produce electricity and also the side effects of emission of harmful gases to the environment that electrical appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioners emit.
In conclusion, even though people overuse electricity as most of the electrical products are cheaply available, I believe that by making people aware and providing substitutes to the appliance that use more power, we can motivate people to use less electricity.
- Scientists Have Been Warning For Many Years About The Importance Of Protecting The Environment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Electricity Production And Consumption | IELTS Report Sample
- Energy Use In A Typical Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Energy Consumption In Average Australian Household | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample
- Australian Household Energy Consumption | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- In Recent Years, There Has Been A Rise In The Popularity Of Second-hand Clothing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That It Is Important To Protect The Environment But Make No Effort To Do Anything | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Over Sugar Consumption Is Unhealthy. Some People Think That Governments Should Take Responsibility To Control It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample