Scientists and technology experts seem to be more valued by modern society than musicians and artists. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some are of the opinion that the people working in scientific and technology fields are valued more by the society than artists or musicians. I disagree with this point of view because I believe that most scientists are not recognized by the society. I will support my stand with valid arguments in the following paragraphs.
To begin with, celebrities such as pop-music stars and actors have a lot of attention and recognition in the society than people of any other professions. The young generation, in particular / especially, appreciates the work of artists and musicians. For instance, when a famous singer arrives in a town, thousands of tickets for his concert are sold within a few days while scientific lectures would hardly have a few hundred attendees. People prefer spending time having fun rather than learning about achievements in science and technology.
Secondly and more importantly, people simply do not know the names of the modern scientists. If a person is not involved in the field of medicine or technology, there is a very low chance that he knows the names of the scientists working on the new antiviral drug for HIV or the emission control methods aimed at reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. An average person will not be able to name the winner of the Nobel Prize in biology but can easily tell who Lady Gaga or Tom Cruise is. This is a vivid example of the low recognition of scientists in the modern society.
In conclusion, the people working in music or film industries are more valued by today’s society than those who dedicated their life to science. Although scientists and engineers cause progress in the world, modern people are more interested in celebrities because they bring joy in their lives.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Scientists And Technology Experts Seem To Be More Valued By Modern Society Than Musicians And Artists | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?
- Do You Think Art And Music Still Have A Place In Today’s Modern World Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample