Scientific Research Should Be Controlled By Governments Rather Than Private Companies | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the governments rather than private companies. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay Sample
In my perspective, while some experiments with possibly unexpected high-risk should be controlled / regulated by governments, others with controllable hazards can be carried out by private firms.
Multifarious points throw lights on my standpoints. First and foremost, scientific research is categorized / can be categorized into different kinds. Governments should be vigilant) and pay much attention to those which may lead to catastrophic consequences once an error occurred. To be specific, research related to biological weapons or nuclear technology will definitely jeopardize public health if an incident like leakage occurs; hence, such research should only be conducted by the government.For another, since the profit is the only thing that private enterprises chase, something that compromises security is more likely to take place, threatening society. Under the surveillance and control of government, such likelihood will be dramatically reduced.
On the other hand, autonomy should be reasonably given to private enterprises when it comes to regular and low-risk researches. The intention of research is to prove the hypothesis and eventually transfer the outcome into an innovative and practical one benefiting human beings. Without the debate of safety, legislation and morality, innovation always follows the principle—”The faster, the better. This not only caters to the need of this society but also leads to intense competition between companies in the same field.
Empirical evidence has proved that in some field, excessive intervention of governments will only lead to inefficiency, dragging the procedure. Furthermore, the scientific researches are relatively costly; therefore, they will impose overwhelming pressure on fiscal expenditure if governments take control of all of them.
To encapsulate, governmental monitoring is definitely an irreplaceable element in scientific research, but we should give some space to private companies whose importance can’t be substituted.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Who Should Conduct Medical Surveys – Governments, Private Companies Or Individuals? | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That It Is Good To Share As Much Information As Possible In Scientific Research | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Some People Believe That It Is Good To Share As Much Information As Possible In Scientific Research, Business And Academic World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Money for postgraduate research is limited | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Governments And Companies Should Work Together To Reverse Environmental Damage | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Should Private Schools Receive Government Funding | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems, Governments Should Tax Private Car Owners | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments invite foreign companies to open branches?