Some people say that schools do not make enough efforts to teach young people to look after their health and they add that schools should take health education more seriously. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 essay on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Schools do not have enough time to offer health education because the academic syllabus is already vast and heavy. However, some people argue that health is an important part of education and ought to be a compulsory subject at schools. In my opinion, adding heath education as a part of curriculum will benefit both children and the children and the society.
To begin with, the first and foremost benefit of heath education will be the all-round development of children. In other words, lessons of health taught at school will inculcate good habits in children. The habits like washing hands before a meal, maintaining personal hygiene and eating fresh vegetables and fruits will make them less prone to catching communicable diseases. This, in turn, reduces their absenteeism at schools and the complete attendance will improve their academic performance. Moreover, the parents will also benefit as they do not have to visit doctors frequently for their kids.
Another benefit of health education will be the participation of kids in sports activities. The healthy bodies of children allow them to get involved in sports activities, which are not only beneficial to their physical health but can also help them to compete at state or national level. Furthermore, the knowledge about health benefits and prevention of contagious disease can be shared with families and neighbors. When youngsters acquire knowledge about health matters, the adults will also get involved and their combined efforts can help the society to create a disease free environment.
In conclusion, it is clear that the addition of health education as a subject can have a number of advantages which will ultimately increase the overall performance of children.
- IELTS Essay: Schools don’t give enough importance to health education
- IELTS Essay: Are schools providing specialized training better than those providing general education?
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in school curriculum
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Should children go to mixed schools?
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Single Sex Schools Vs Co-Ed Schools
- Band 8 essay sample | Boys and girls should be taught in separate schools
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments fund higher education?