Schools Should Spend More Time Teaching Skills That Can Help Students Get A Job | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Schools are spending more time teaching traditional subjects such as history. Some people think they should rather spend more time in teaching skills that can help students find a job. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, there has been a dramatic change in the school education system. Some people believe that the time invested in teaching traditional subjects such as history is not much beneficial. In their opinion, more efforts should be made to teach skills which would be helpful to get a job. I completely agree with this opinion and in this essay I will state the reasons for my view.
The most compelling reason to reduce the focus on traditional subjects like history or literature is that the knowledge of such subjects is not tested during the interview. By contrast, knowledge of subjects such as science, technology or economics will benefit a person when they enter the job market. For instance, my friend easily got a job in a pharmaceutical company because he had a degree in science. Another reason to support my stand is that these days, communication skills and leadership qualities are very important. Hence more importance should be given to teaching these skills in schools and colleges. As a result, a person becomes more confident and it is easier to find a job.
Language skills are equally important. People who speak two or more languages have improved chances of finding a job in this age of globalization. Hence schools should give importance to language learning.
To conclude, I completely agree with the opinion that job oriented skills should be given more importance in the curriculum. This approach will enhance the career prospects of students. The purpose of education, after all, is to produce youngsters who are capable of earning a living.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 6 essay sample | Schools spend too much time teaching subjects like history
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools teach traditional subjects like history?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Schools are giving too much importance to traditional subjects like history
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- Giving lectures in auditoriums to large numbers of students is an old way of teaching | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Single Sex Schools Vs Co-Ed Schools
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Senior School Students Should Learn A Wide Range Of Subjects | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Fewer schools are requiring children to learn and improve their handwriting skills. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this trend?