Researching And Treating Diseases Is Too Costly So It Would Be Better To Invest In Preventive Measures | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
“Prevention is better than cure”, Researching and treating diseases is too costly so it would be better to invest in preventive measures. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is often said that taking precautionary measures in dealing with diseases is a better approach than getting treatment after contracting one. Although this adage may be true, not all diseases can be prevented and therefore require treatment in order to be cured. This essay disagrees with this statement and will discuss why sometimes diseases cannot be prevented and hence research is necessary to cure them.
There are a number of diseases that cannot be prevented through precaution such as, measles, polio, chicken pox etc. Moreover, there are diseases which are genetically linked and people who have defective genes will contract these illnesses at some point of time. Therefore, in such cases one has to visit a hospital and get necessary treatment in order to get cured. For instance, Type 1 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease and certain types of cancers are hereditary and they can only be treated through medication and therapy.
Without research, treatment for non preventable diseases will not be possible. In addition to that, there will always be new disease outbreaks due to the evolution of bacteria and viruses. Recently, many people suffered from Ebola fever that led to the death of patients in severe cases. The causative virus also affects the development of fetus in pregnant women. Therefore, we need to actively conduct research and arm ourselves to tackle unknown as well as non preventable diseases.
To conclude, prevention should be practiced as a precaution to avoid getting sick, but this will not help us avoid certain illnesses which require medical intervention. Hence, research is absolutely required to develop vaccines, medicines and medical procedures to deal with genetically linked diseases and non preventable diseases.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Prevention Is Better Than Cure | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Merits and demerits of researching one’s family history
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Prevention Is Better Than Cure
- The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Consider Price As The Most Important Thing To Consider While Buying A Product Or Service | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When Buying Something
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Alternative Medicines Harmful?
- People Are Living An Increasingly Longer Life And There Are More Old People Than Young People In Many Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries There Is A Problem With Declining Quality Of Air And Water From Both Industry And Construction | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample