Rescue Workers Should Not Risk Their Life To Save People Doing Dangerous Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
People doing dangerous sports like bungee jumping and scuba diving should be responsible for their own life and rescue workers should not risk their life to save these people.Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People these days are engaging in adventurous, life threatening sport activities more frequently. It is often argued that one should not depend on rescue operators while participating in these sports and it should be one’s own responsibility. I agree with the argument that everyone’s life is precious and it should not be risked to satisfy another person’s craving for a few moments of adrenaline rush.
Firstly, the main reason for sparing rescuers from risking their life is that their job is to save lives of people who get accidentally involved in any mishap and it is not wise to expect them to risk their own life in a bid to save the life of a daredevil who needs nothing but a few minutes of thrill and excitement. Some rescue operations lead to death or permanent disability of these workers and they might be the sole breadwinners of their family, so their bereavement could financially impact their family. Therefore, they should be excused from unnecessarily risking their own lives for the sake of others’ excitement.
Another reason to argue that participants are responsible for their own safety is that people are mature enough to take decisions about their life and should use common sense before engaging in these sports. For instance, one should indulge in scuba diving only if swimming is known to them and consider all risks before taking the plunge. Those who still take a chance know the consequences very well and there is no need for another person to try to save them putting their own life at risk.
To conclude, people who participate in adventurous activities for thrill and excitement know very well the risks involved. Hence, they are solely responsible for their safety and rescue workers do not have to save them at the expense of their lives.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Nowadays many young people are attracted to dangerous sports | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about youngsters and adventurous sports
- Why Do People Take Part In Dangerous Sports? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That New Technologies Benefit The Life Of Workers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Should People Spend Their Money Or Save It?
- Extreme Sports Like Skiing, Water Rafting Should Be Banned | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More And More People Visit Dangerous Places
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Extreme Sports Be Banned?
- It Is Better For Children To be Outside Playing Sports | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents For Sports Or Music, And Others Are Not | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample