Do you think consumers should avoid over packaged products or is it the responsibility of producers?
PTE Academic Essay Sample
Over packaging is a waste of resources and leads to environmental damage. Therefore, some people argue that customers should refuse to buy over packaged items. Others insist that it is the responsibility of producers to avoid over packaging. In my opinion, it is the responsibility of the producer. Even so, by refusing to buy over packaged items, customers can also nudge the producers to avoid this wasteful practice.
Over packaging not only affects the environment but also increases the cost of the product. Trees are cut down to produce paper and cardboard. This leads to deforestation. Plastic, another material used for packaging products, also causes considerable environmental damage. Another downside of over packaging is the increase in the price of the products. Manufacturers simply add the cost of packaging to the product. Thus it is evident that if they avoid this practice, it will benefit the consumer as well as the environment.
On the flip side, consumers can also discourage manufacturers from over packaging their goods by simply refusing to buy them. Most of the time producers resort to over packaging to grab the attention of buyers. So, if buyers refuse to buy those items, the producer will get the message and resist the temptation to sell their products in decorative packaging.
In conclusion, both the buyer and the producer have the responsibility to avoid over packaging. However, in my opinion, the producer has a greater responsibility because they are the ones who actually package the goods.
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Ads encourage people to buy things they don’t want
- Band 8 essay sample | Food travels long distances to reach consumers
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- Band 9 essay sample about hand-made and machine-made goods
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Price Is The Most Important Thing To Consider When You Buy Something
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- How to avoid repetition?
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items