The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample
The diagram illustrates the procedures involved in the production of steam with the help of a gas cooled nuclear reactor. Overall, it can be seen that the reactor and heat exchange are the two main components which help in the production of steam from water.
To begin with, the reactor consists of a pressure vessel which is covered with a concrete radiation shielding. Inside the vessel, there are four graphite moderators each of them containing a uranium fuel element. Each fuel element is attached to a boron rod control at the top which also has charge tubes to load the fuel elements. The pressure vessel is connected to the heat exchanger with the two ducts. Water enters from the lower end of the tube and escapes as steam through the upper end.
The process begins when the boron control rod is detached from the uranium fuel element. A gas blower pushes air inside the heat exchanger into the pressure vessel through the opening in its lower end. Next, when air passes through the fuel element, it is heated and this hot air enters the heat exchanger. This hot air converts the water in the heat exchanger into steam.
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- IELTS Sample Report
- Band 7 report about water consumption
- Band 7.5 IELTS report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About Excessive Production Of Damage
- Band 7.5 Report Sample
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Access to refrigerator, electricity and water among people in Ghana
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- IELTS report sample | Map of a town