Problems Like Juvenile Delinquency Arise From The Fact That Many Married Woman Now Work And Are Not At Home To Care For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married woman now work and are not at home to care for their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Most women are now coming out of their traditional role as a homemaker and joining professions that were once dominated by men. As a result, they get to spend less time with their children. According to some people, working mothers who do not have enough time for their children may trigger behaviour problems and criminal tendencies in them. In my opinion, this is just one of the many factors that lead to juvenile crime.
If we examine the profile of teenage criminals we can see that they come from all sorts of family backgrounds. If all of them had working moms, it would be easy to establish a link between juvenile delinquency and mother’s neglect but that is rarely the case. Many young criminals have stay at home mothers who have all the time in the world for their children. Yet, their children take to crime. One reason for this is poverty. Many teenagers who commit crimes come from very poor family backgrounds. Another factor that encourages crime is the lack of education. Actually, children coming from families where both parents work are less likely to have to cope with poverty or illiteracy and this may reduce their chances of committing crime.
At the same time, lack of parental supervision is a cause for concern. If parents are not around children may get into wrong company or they may spend all the time in front of the computer or television. For example, children may befriend criminals who lead them astray or they may access violent or harmful content on the internet or television. Both factors increase their chances of becoming criminals. Hence, mothers who are always busy with work certainly increase their children’s chances of turning into criminals.
However, asking women to stop going to work is not the solution for teenage crime. Instead of giving up on their career for the sake of their children, women should get the help of trusted family members or a caretaker to supervise their children. It is also important for them to spend quality time with their children whenever that is possible. No matter how busy a woman is, the truth is that it is still possible for her to enquire about her children’s day and stay updated about the happenings in their life. It is important for mothers to realize that their achievements will lack shine if their children end up becoming criminals and non-achievers.
To conclude, mother’s neglect could be a factor that promotes criminal activities among teenagers but it is neither the only factor nor the most important cause of juvenile misconduct. Having said that, both working and non-working mothers can reduce their children’s chances of becoming criminals by being a pillar of constant support for them.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- More And More Go Out To Work. Should The Government Provide Free Staff And Facilities To Care For Their Children | Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- People Especially Mothers Often Decide To Stay At Home To Take Care Of Family | Band 8 IELTS Esssy Sample
- There Has Been An Increase In The Number Of Children Committing Crime | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day
- Nowadays People Get Married And Have Children After The Age Of 30 | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Working Parents Think Children Should Be Sent To Child Care Centres | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Grandparents Provide Better Care Than Day Care Centres