People’s Shopping Habits Depend More On The Age Group They Belong To Than Any Other Factors | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
People’s shopping habits depend more on the age group they belong to than any other factors. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
These days, shopping has become increasing popular among people. Some people argue that shopping preferences of a person is determined by their age. I do not quite agree with this view. While I do admit that youngsters and teenagers tend to shop more than elderly people, a person’s ability to shop is ultimately determined by their financial status.
Rich people tend to shop more than poor people. This is not necessarily because their needs are greater. They buy more because they can afford it. Conversely, poor people cannot afford shop frequently because their financial situation does not permit it. Of course, there are some people who borrow money to buy things, but they cannot carry on this habit for long because there is a limit to the amount of credit a person can get.
Having said that, the age of a person may also influence their shopping habits. Impulsive buying, for example, is more common among adolescents and youngsters. They often follow fads and buy things that they may or may not need. They are also more likely to invest in clothing, gadgets and personal care products. Even so, not every youngster spends in the same way. Young people coming from rich family backgrounds certainly spend more than their poor counterparts.
Another factor that could influence the shopping habits of people is their values and beliefs. People who believe in simple living are unlikely to splurge even if they can afford it.
In conclusion, the financial situation of a person is the first and foremost factor that determines their shopping habits. Age and value systems are also influential factors, but they are not more important than the purchasing power of a person.
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- IELTS Essay: Shopping for fun
- Many People Believe That The Age Of Shopping Malls Is Coming To An End | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Now Many People Regard Shopping As A Hobby | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Television, Friends And Music Are The Main Factors That Influence A Child’s Development | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places Shopping Is The New Leisure Time Activity | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Many people go shopping in their free time
- Many People Think That Happiness Relies On The Responsibility Of Individuals Others Think It Is Affected By Other Factors | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Suggest A Group That Should Receive Financial Assistance From Your Company Next Year | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Some People Have The Opinion That Big Shopping Malls Are Expensive Places As They Charge Higher Prices For Products | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample