People spend too much money on family celebrations such as birthdays and weddings. What is the importance of these celebrations? Do you think people really spend too much?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Since time immemorial celebrations have been an integral part of any culture. Celebrations on various occasions like birthdays and marriages not only reflect joy but also help to create unforgettable memories. Although the major purpose of celebrations is to get-together, a large amount of money is spent to make the entire event look extravagant.
Celebrations have always been a way of expressing happiness because that is the only time when the entire family and even the distant relatives get-together. In many cultures, celebrations also help the younger generations to understand rituals and traditions of their community. Different communities have different ways of celebrating rituals. For instance, in some cultures offering simple prayers in the temple are enough whereas in others grand offerings are made to the priests along with meal arrangements for the guests in attendance.
Unfortunately, people these days are moving away from the main motive of celebration and trying to show off their wealth. Celebrations have become more of a show biz as people try to find out creative ways to make their celebrations stand out and this involves a lot of money. They want to show that they are superior to others and this has further converted the events into a big business. Although a lot of people get employment out of this phenomenon, one needs to see the way money is being spent.
Celebrations can be enjoyed even if kept simple as they are more of a family affair. But people seem to be mixing it up with their prestige in the society. We should understand that people have more disposable income these days but it is high time that they wake up to the importance of saving money and using it for more fruitful ways.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?
- Some think spending a lot on birthday celebration and weddings is a waste of money | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- IELTS sample essay: people now spend a lot of money on their wedding
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets Of Sports and Cultural Events
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Should People Spend Their Money Or Save It?
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life