People Should Not Continue Work After They Reach Age Of Retirement | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some believe that people should not continue work once they reach age of retirement. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answers and include relevant examples from you experience.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people opine that employees should discontinue working once they attain age of superannuation. I do not agree with this notion, as in my opinion, retired people can contribute immensely for the betterment of the society and by continuing to work they can keep themselves fit. This essay will discuss why I believe that seniors should be allowed to work as long as they want.
In my perspective, people should continue working beyond the retirement age since they can utilize their expertise for the betterment of the society. They can provide selfless service to the society which will benefit both the public and the government. Moreover, retirees can form a workforce which can deal with the problems in the society which are not solved by the authorities. To illustrate, retired doctors can provide their services free of cost in rural areas where medical facilities are appalling. Therefore, it is beneficial to the society, if people do not stop working at the age of retirement.
Moreover, I believe, continuing work even after retirement, is the key to keep your body and mind healthy. People who sit idle after superannuation, become lethargic and have a stale mind. However, people with aims in life, even if they have retired, remain energetic, disciplined and health conscious. As a result they do not suffer from diseases and remain fit in old age. To illustrate this view, I would refer to a study conducted by Geriatric society of India about reasons for remaining fit in old age. The study showed that people who follow a healthy lifestyle and keep themselves busy in some work remain fit.
In conclusion, I firmly endorse working after retirement to make selfless contributions for the betterment of the society and to remain healthy during old age.
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Having A Set Retirement Age For All Is Not Fair | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Having A Set Retirement Age For All Employees Is Unfair
- IELTS essay: Should retirement age be increased?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | As People Live Longer The Retirement Age Should Be Increased
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age For All
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age
- Companies should encourage employees who work in a high position to leave at the age of 55 | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Living Longer. Is This A Positive Development Or Negative Development?