People No Longer Use The Television And The Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
People no longer use newspapers and television because the internet plays the same role. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays / in the modern world the internet is widely used across the globe. With the help of the internet, people can not only read online versions of the newspapers but also watch TV programmes. Therefore, some people argue that the internet has replaced newspapers and television. In my opinion, newspapers have certainly been replaced by the internet especially in urban areas; however, I doubt that the internet has or ever will replace the television.
Most people who read newspapers are in the 35-80 age group. Compared to the tiny letters on the newspapers, the size of the font can be increased on a smartphone or a laptop. Small fonts in newspapers are an issue for many elderly readers. They find it easy to read news on a smart phone because of its ability to adjust the font size. What’s more, online versions of newspapers are updated almost every hour.
However, I cannot agree with the argument that the internet can play the role of TV. For one thing, the internet uses a lot of data while streaming videos. Consequently, streaming a video over the internet is both costly and time consuming. Surveys have shown that there are more cable TV connections than internet connections in rural areas. In addition, the majority of users in the developing world use low end mobile phones that do not support net connectivity. What’s more, watching movies on the large screen of the television is way better than watching it on the small screen of a smart phone or laptop.
To conclude, even though the internet plays a vital role in today’s world, it cannot serve the purpose of the television. However, in my opinion, newspapers are certainly getting replaced by the internet. Working people never carry a newspaper around as much as they carry the handheld devices.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- In many countries, very few young people read newspapers or follow the news on TV | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Few Young People Read Newspapers
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- IELTS essay about the influence of newspapers on the society
- IELTS essay about the influence of newspapers
- IELTS essay sample: Television is good for us. Do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay sample: Television’s role in education
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television