People Living In The 21st Century Have Better Quality Of Life Than People Born In Earlier Centuries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
People living in the 21st century generally have better quality of lives than people born in earlier centuries. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is an undeniable fact that the world has been advancing rapidly since the beginning of this century. Therefore, many people opine that today our living standards are much better than those of our ancestors. This essay concurs with this statement as it has manifold reasons to substantiate it.
To embark on, people were more susceptible to different kinds of diseases in those days and casualties were high. The revolutionary development of medical science contributed to averting such threats to a great extent. For example, the fatality rate of infectious viral diseases such as measles and polio were significantly higher in the previous century; however, nowadays these are completely eradicated from the planet. While newer diseases continue to emerge from time to time, modern medicine is able to cure many of them.
In addition, the transportation facilities available these days are more versatile. They have reduced the travelling time to a great extent as well as improved the connectivity between various destinations. Likewise, home appliances have made cooking and cleaning easier. Apart from that, the role of recent communication channels remarkably contributed to making our life more comfortable. The internet which enables us to send and receive a huge amount of data within seconds can be considered as the finest example of the power of technology. Thus, obviously, our lives are easier and more comfortable today than in the past.
In short, the people who live in the present century are enjoying the benefits of better services in the health, transport and communication sectors. Therefore, I believe, we enjoy a better quality of life than our ancestors.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Quality Of Life In Cities Is Declining
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- Some People Are Happy To Spend The Whole Of Their Life Living In The Same Area | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities
- People Are Living An Increasingly Longer Life And There Are More Old People Than Young People In Many Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | There Is No Place For Zoos In The Twenty-first Century
- People Are Living Longer So The Retirement Age Should Be Raised | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- All fathers should be entitled to time-off from work when their children are born | IELTS essay sample