People In The Limelight Have A Responsibility To Set An Example For Others By Their Behaviour | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
People in the limelight have a responsibility to set an example for others by their behaviour. Do you agree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that famous people should behave responsibly as their conduct can influence others. I fully agree with this opinion because they have a profound impact on the society and can even shape public opinion.
The predominant reason why celebrities need to be careful about /mindful of their behaviour in public is that they are revered by millions around the world. For instance, film stars are admired and copied by several youngsters. When these stars start a new fashion trend, it is immediately copied by their fans who even imitate their mannerisms. It is therefore important that they set a good example. Because of this influence, celebrities need to watch their actions. They should never indulge in activities that can cause problems in the society. For example, famous people should desist from commenting on politically or religiously sensitive issues as their comments can create polarization in the society. Likewise, they should not indulge in harmful habits like smoking, drinking or substance abuse because their actions are imitated by millions including children.
Another reason for celebrities to set a good example is that they can inspire others. For example, when a celebrity gets involved in charitable work, countless others follow suit. This is a great opportunity for them to make a positive contribution to the world. By contrast, if they only promote the flamboyant lifestyle they will send the wrong message that life is all about glam and glitz.
In conclusion, it is imperative that famous people act responsibly when they are in the public eye. Celebrities can immensely influence masses with their work, lifestyle and political views, and hence it is important for them to set the right example.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Mislead Young People
- Some People Believe Famous People’s Support Towards International Organizations Draws Attention To Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities Are Known For Their Glamour And Wealth | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Being A Celebrity Brings More Benefits Or More Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Celebrities Set Bad Examples For Young People
- Nowadays celebrities are mainly famous for their glamour and wealth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Believe That Media Coverage Of Celebrities Has A Negative Effect On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Do You Think Being A Celebrity Has More Advantages Than Disadvantages | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits