People In Senior Positions Alone Should Make Decisions In A Business | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people think that people in senior positions alone should make decisions in a business, while others think that employees should be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing module? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
While some people think that all the decisions should be made by people in key positions, others think that employees should also be involved in this process. In my opinion, it is better for the company when people in senior positions take important decisions because they have a greater understanding of the business.
Moreover, the primary objective of a business is to generate profits; therefore, catering to employees’ sense of ownership should be considered only as a second priority. People in key positions have access to the information about all the aspects of the company. By contrast, people in junior positions have understanding of only their departments; therefore, they should not be involved in key decisions. This essay fully supports this idea because it is really crucial to consider the impacts of a decision on all the activities of the company. Furthermore, people argue that the speed of decision making increases when fewer people are involved in the process.
On the other hand, several people think that employees should also be involved in the decision making process because it will help them feel that they are part of the management team. They believe that it will increase their sense of ownership and that will eventually lead to a higher level of motivation. I do not agree with this notion because generation of profits is the key objective of almost every company. It is important that steps are taken to increase the motivation level of employees but it should not be the first priority.
In conclusion, decisions should be taken by people in key positions because they have access to the information related to all the aspects of the organization. Employees’ involvement is unnecessary because it takes a long time to gather opinions. Moreover, the primary objective of companies is to generate profits and not to involve employees in the decision making process.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- Some People Think That The Only Way To Judge Someone’s Success In Business Is By The Amount of Money They Make | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Employees in senior management positions should receive higher salaries | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Do The Advantages Of Running A Business Outweigh The Disadvantages? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative
- Some People Think That Money Is The Only Measure Of The Success Of A Business | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample