People Generally Know That The Environment Is Important | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
People generally know that the environment is important. However, most individuals still don’t take responsibilities to protect the environment. Why is this? What should be done to encourage people to protect the environment?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
People are well aware of the significance of the environment. However, they are least concerned about protecting it. There are several reasons for this attitude. This essay will look into the causes and also discuss certain measures to encourage citizens to conserve the nature.
To start with, one of the biggest problems is that people presume that it is the sole responsibility of the government to protect the environment. For instance, when they dump waste in a public place such as the traffic highways or the beach, they expect the cleaning staff to keep the surrounding areas neat and tidy. So, people assume that protecting mother nature is not their duty. Another cause is the belief that an individual alone cannot tackle the global environmental crisis. They believe that large organizations alone can conserve nature. Hence, most people are unconcerned.
There are several strategies to motivate people to preserve the earth. Firstly, the governing body should create awareness among the public about the deteriorating status of the nature and the threats posed by it to humans. To exemplify, they can use various mass medias like the tv and internet for publicising the urgent need to protect the environment. Secondly, large groups such as private organizations or school children engaging in such conservation activities can motivate others to do the same. Moreover, rewarding them can encourage people to preserve the environment
To sum up, despite knowing the importance of the nature, the public is least bothered to protect it. This is mainly due to the poor mentality of the individuals. It can be tackled by the help of the government and other private associations.
- Many People Believe That It Is Important To Protect The Environment But Make No Effort To Do Anything | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Individuals Cannot Improve Environment; Only Governments And Big Companies Can Make A Difference | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Explain Some Of The Ways In Which Humans Are Damaging The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- Your Local Newspaper Published An Advertisement Asking People To Help With Protecting The Environment | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientists Have Been Warning For Many Years About The Importance Of Protecting The Environment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies
- Some People Believe That Preserving Natural Environment Is Crucial But Most Make No Effort To Do So | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Generally Believed That Some People Are Born With Certain Talents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample