People Find It Very Difficult To Speak In Public Or To Give A Presentation Before An Audience | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience. Do you think public speaking skill is really important? Give reasons. Some people say public speaking should be taught at school. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Speaking in front of an audience is a skill which is not possessed by many. Most of the people find it tough to speak or give a presentation in a public forum. This essay will delve into the reasons behind such difficulties and discuss why this skill should be taught as a part of school curriculum.
To begin with, we humans are conscious about others’ feelings towards us, and are constantly looking to maintain a healthy relation with everybody. Most of us are also not very confident of our knowledge and wisdom. So, when someone is giving a lecture or a presentation to a house full of audience, in the hope of establishing his positive qualities, he loses his fluency and sometimes ends up providing wrong information. Looking confident on such a platform is another important trait, and in most of the cases it is evident that the speaker lacks this charm. Without the skill to interest the audience, it becomes impossible to continue the session for long. So, to keep the listeners active and focused, public speaking skill is hugely important. Since it is extremely important to develop public speaking skills, teaching them at school is the most effective way.
They should be motivated regularly to look beyond their mistakes and concentrate on speaking with fluency and coherence. If they are nurtured daily, they will definitely become engaging speakers others find easy to converse with. This will also help them land good job opportunities in various sectors. Who knows that some of the students may even become influential social activists like Martin Luther King or Mahatma Gandhi, who can inspire the countrymen to achieve great success by their words.
To sum up, public speaking should definitely be taught in school and given equal importance like any other subjects.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 letter sample: Permission to give a presentation
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Invite A Friend To Give A Presentation
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Asking Them To Give A Presentation At A Seminar
- Famous People Sometimes Give Their Opinion On Public Issues | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay about people not feeling safe at home or in public places
- Some People Say That The Best Way To Improve Public Health Is By Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Public Art Should Be Funded By Governments | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Teaching Children At Home Is Best For A Child’s Development | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Write A Letter To A Colleague Who Lent You A Book | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample