People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People find it very difficult to speak in public or to give a presentation before an audience. Do you think public speaking skill is really very important? Give reasons. Some people say that public speaking should be taught at school. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Public speaking and oratory are valuable skills that one should have. A good orator can easily win an argument, get their message across and enjoy immense popularity among people. Unfortunately, many people lack this skill and therefore there is an argument that it should be taught at schools. I agree with this view. In this essay, I shall explain why good public speaking skills are important in life.
The major argument in favor of public speaking is that it develops one’s personality. When a person successfully delivers a good speech, it enhances his sense of self-worthiness. A positive response from the audience can help him to develop confidence. More than that, it improves relationships. A marked improvement can be seen in his interpersonal skills which, in turn, will help him maintain healthy relation with friends, family and his colleagues at work. In addition, it acts as a stress buster for an individual and will help him overcome his stage fear or shyness.
Since good public speaking skills are essential for success in personal and professional life, I agree with the argument that they should be taught in schools. The standard school curriculum now focuses more on reading and writing. Consequently, speaking does not get the importance it deserves. This should change. Schools can organize various programmes that give students an opportunity to express their ideas in front of an audience. For example, there could be elocution and story telling competitions. Many schools already offer them as non-curricular activities, but in my opinion they should be made a part of the curriculum.
In conclusion, the art of public speaking is very important in today’s scenario. If children acquire this skill, they will stand a much better chance in the highly competitive job market.
- IELTS essay sample | Money management should be taught at school
- Band 7.5 letter sample: Permission to give a presentation
- Band 9 essay sample | Should schools give more importance to subjects like arts, music and creating writing?
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Invite A Friend To Give A Presentation
- IELTS Band 7.5 Essay Samples: Money Management Skills Should Be Taught At Schools
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Asking Them To Give A Presentation At A Seminar
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people say that in all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, too much time is spent on learning facts and not enough on learning practical skill
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Drawing Lessons Should Be Part Of The Curriculum