People Are Using A Lot Of Online Language Translation Apps | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
People are using a lot of online language translation apps. Are the advantages more than disadvantages of such services?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Language translation software has gained popularity over the last few years since it has become more accessible and affordable. While these apps cannot do a perfect job of translating languages, they do help in improving people’s lives in various aspects.
On the one hand, language translation is an evolving technology. These applications mostly convert a language syntactically and during that phase, they may remove the true essence of a sentence and produce a dull and lifeless sentence. Furthermore, these applications are not intelligent enough to detect the dialects and colloquialism of a language. For example, English spoken in countries such as North America, Britain and Australia have subtle differences and applications such as Google translators are not intelligent enough at the moment to identify the nuances of the regional slang.
On the other hand, they have an enormous number of advantages. In the past, conversion of language was a Herculean task. People had to refer to dictionaries and get paid consultation from a multilingual people or a foreigner. However, with the advent of language translators, it has become a cakewalk. It is specifically useful for expatriates and international tourists. Those individuals can use their smartphones to translate the local dialects of their day to day life interactions in a supermarket or a public bus. Moreover, it is beneficial for an employer in a global company. He can use this software to read and reply to emails from international clients. In addition, they are beneficial to students pursuing international researches.
In conclusion, there are some shortcomings in the current technology. However, those will be surpassed by a myriad of gains. Moreover, people should use it more and more so that engineers can identify its flaws and it can be enhanced.
- Band 7.5 essay sample about translation apps
- Band 9 essay sample | Translation tools have made human translators redundant
- It Is Impossible To Succeed If You Cannot Speak A Foreign Language | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- In Many Countries, Paying For Things Using Mobile Apps Is Becoming Increasingly Common | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientists predict that all people will choose to talk the same global language in the future | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Living In A Country Where You Have To Speak A Foreign Language Can Cause Serious Social Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Samples
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel To Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Only Reason For Learning A Foreign Language Is To Travel Or Work In A Foreign Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?