People Are Being Encouraged To Use Alternative Energy Sources Like Wind Ad Solar
Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? Why?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Despite fossil fuels being the prominent source of energy in the world people are motivated to replace them with wind energy, solar energy etc. It is a positive development because alternative energy is cheap, affordable, and convenient and emission from these sources is not as harmful as fossil fuel emissions.
Natural resources are considered as a god’s gift and if we continue to exploit fossil fuels they will be exhausted in near time. For example, excessive consumption of petrol and diesel has led to the depletion of their reserves. According to some studies, if oil is consumed at the present rate, we will run out of its supply in about 50 years. Since energy is crucial for the development of any nation, it is essential that we invest in other sources like solar and wind.
Another reason to invest in alternative energy is that it is eco-friendly. For example, wind or solar does not cause any pollution. By contrast, emission from fossil fuels is very hazardous to environment and they contribute to 65% of carbon footprints around the world. Pollution is increasing day by day due to the use of these fossil fuels. Environmentalists have pronounced that if we continue to pollute the environment there is danger that polar ice caps will melt resulting in serious consequences.
In conclusion, fossil fuels are natural but there should be a limit to the extent they can be used as they cause pollution. Government bodies should encourage people to use wind and solar energy because they are environment friendly and sustainable in the long term.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Fossil Fuels Are The Primary Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Fossil Fuels Are The Main Source Of Energy Around The World | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
- Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular As A Source Of Household Energy | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy