Parents are the best teachers for their children. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, parents make the best teachers for their children. I fully agree with this view because parents are the greatest influence on any child and the upbringing that they give will determine what the child will ultimately become in their life.
Parents are the first and foremost influence on any child. For many children, during the first few years of their life, parents are the only people in their life. They learn all important life skills from their father and mother. Parents not only teach their children to walk and talk, but also play a crucial role in shaping their character.
The seeds of character are sown during childhood and if children receive the right upbringing grounded on moral values, they will stay true to their conscience throughout their lives. By contrast, children raised by parents who lack moral values are more likely to become criminals when they grow up. That is because children learn a lot by observing and imitating. They observe each and every action of their parents and do exactly what their dad or mom does. So, for example, if children find that their parents are always honest in their dealings, they learn the importance of becoming honest. Such children will not become corrupt when they grow up. Likewise, parents who treat their servants or drivers with kindness and compassion are knowingly or unknowingly developing empathy in their children.
Parents are also the ones who encourage children to study hard and achieve their goals. Unlike teachers, parents have a vested interest in their children’s lives. They want their children to do well in life and bring honour to the family. Because of this reason, they never give up on their children. By contrast, in most cases, the contribution of the teachers at school or college is limited to helping their students learn their subjects.
To conclude, learning is not limited to mastering the concepts of science or mathematics. True learning happens outside the classroom and here parents are the ones who impart all important life lessons. Hence, the argument that parents are the best teachers for their children makes perfect sense.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- People say that a child’s success is dependent on the way parents bring them up | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say Parents Have The Most Significant Influence In A Child’s Development
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- It is often said that children learn best by observing the behavior of adults and copying it | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children How To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample