Parents And Teachers Make Many Rules For Children To Encourage Good Behaviour | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Parents and teachers make many rules for children to encourage good behaviour and protect them from danger. However, children would benefit from fewer rules and greater freedom. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the above statement?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Children are mostly bought up with a set of rules and regulations around them. Most of these rules are imposed by their parents and tutors in order to make them well behaving individual and to safeguard from any dangers. A few people believe that kids will be happy if fewer rules are imposed on them and more freedom is given. I totally agree with the argument that children deserve more freedom; however, they should be monitored and made to follow the rules that are set out for them.
On the one hand, children too undergo tension and problems. When they are granted freedom they have the opportunity to talk about their problems to their parents and teachers. For instance, today kids enjoy more freedom with their parents and they talk things openly. Since they are offered this freedom we get to know what problems they face and we can guide them on their issues. Whereas, when children do not have the freedom to express their problems with their parents they go into depression because they are worried and scared.
On the other hand, it is vital that strict rules and guidelines should be made for children. Kids are too young to understand what is good and bad. It is the responsibility of teachers and parents to ensure that kids are bought up by following the rules they have set. Moreover, making children follow rules from a young age will benefit them when they grow up because even adults are asked to follow rules such as traffic rules, and so on. So when children are trained to follow rules from a young age they will ensure that throughout their life they are good citizens by following all rules set by the government or at their workplace.
To conclude, under the guidance of parents and teachers kids have to be given their freedom. This freedom given to them can sometimes create wonders in their life by helping them find what they like doing. At the same time, they should be monitored and must be asked to strictly adhere to the rules that are set at school and home.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Parents Are The Best Teachers For Their Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
- Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That It Is The Responsibility Of The Parents To Teach Children About Healthy Eating Habits | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Some People Say Parents Should Encourage Their Children To Take Part In Organized Group Activities | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children